Tuesday 23 June 2009

Smoooothly does it!


I will go before you and make the rough places smooth; I will shatter the doors of bronze and cut through their iron bars.

Isaiah 45:2 (NASV)

Rough is not nice - it's uncomfortable, dangerous, difficult and undesired!

Look what Wikipedia says...

'Roughness is a measure of the texture of a surface. It is quantified by the vertical deviations of a real surface from its ideal form. If these deviations are large, the surface is rough; if they are small the surface is smooth.'

Ideally life should have been smooth, but thanks to sin we don't live in an ideal world.

We live in a rough world!

'Rough surfaces usually wear more quickly and have higher friction coefficients than smooth surfaces.'

Life can wear us down.  The rough times can leave us with friction burns - That hurts!

'Although roughness is usually undesirable, it is difficult and expensive to control.'

No one wants rough! But how do we avoid it? Smooth is expensive, very expensive!

Thankfully my God can afford it and has paid the ultimate difficult and expensive price to smooth the roughness away!  In my mind I want that to mean that I'll never face difficult times - that everything will be easy.  But what it really means is that when I face rough times, and I will, they will be an awful lot smoother only because He is there!

He will go before me and make my rough places smooth!

Praise God!  Thank you God!

One final thought - I'm a bit rough, we all are.  But from experience and God's word I know that the rough times in my life are smoothing me out!  Making me stronger and more perfect - more like Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2 Timothy 2:15

Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.